About Our Tours
Legal Travel to Cuba
Under the direction of our President, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control also known as (OFAC), regulates all travel to Cuba pursuant to the E.S. Embargo imposed against Cuba in 1960. Today there are (12) categories of authorized travel to Cuba under a general license which include:
1) Educational activities, including people-to- people travel;
2) Cuban related family visit;
3) Participating in Religious activities;
4) Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations;
5) Support for the Cuban people;
6) Journalistic activity;
7) Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes;
8) Professional research and professional meetings;
9) Certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing Department of Commerce regulations and guidelines with respect to Cuba or engaged in by U.S.-owned or -controlled foreign firms;
10) Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials;
11) Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions;
12) Humanitarian projects.
When you travel with WTC you will travel under the (Educational Activities, including People-To-People travel) which allows any American to legally travel to Cuba, as long as they travel with an authorized tour operator such as WTC Welcome to Cuba Inc. Travel-related transactions pursuant to this authorization must involve the engagement of full-time schedule activities which purpose serves to enhance the interaction directly with the Cuban people, support the civil society while promoting the Cuban people’s independence from the Cuban authorities.
WTC will provide a full-time educational exchange schedule, which will include activities that will allow for meaningful interaction between the traveler and the Cuban people.
W.T.C. People-to-People Tours allow U.S. citizens to travel to Cuba and participate in unprecedented cultural experiences and exchanges providing direct contact with the Cuban people to learn more about them and their culture, meanwhile allowing the Cuban people to learn about the American way of life.
This highly rewarding educational experience allows the travelers to directly engage the Cuban people. While activities focus on education and cultural exchange, there are diverse sightseeing opportunities within your itinerary.
People-to-People is not only a legal way for Americans to travel to Cuba, but it is a new way of traveling. Most Travelers tell us that their favorite Cuba Travel experiences stem from the special and intimate connections they establish with the local residents during their tours. As a traveler with WTC you will discover Cuba through its people and culture. This new access provided by the major changes implemented by the U.S. government towards relations with Cuba allows you as a traveler to get to know the extraordinary people of Cuba. You will be inspired by their stories as well as they will be by yours.
WTC will bring you into the people’s homes and fascinating lives allowing you to walk away with memories to cherish for years to come. On our tours we will take you to meet people that make the country special. You will have an opportunity to meet with professors and new business owners known as “Cuenta Propistas” Entrepreneurs that are bringing new life into the Cuban economy. You will have opportunities to participate in discussions with cuban officials, journalists, experts in architecture and economists.
Included with our Tours
* All tours consist of small friendly groups of no more than 30 participants
* Welcome Reception & Tour Briefing hosted by Welcome to Cuba.
* All breakfasts, lunches and some dinners are included as shown on the Itinerary.
* Superior accommodations at a memorable well located hotel or Casa Particular (B&B) depending on your tour selection.
* With your Deposit we guarantee to lock your tour price
* Expert professional English speaking tour guide and driver
* Certification of general license under the US Department of Treasury
* All admissions to scheduled museums and activities
* All transportation during the trip
* 24 hour customer service during your trip
* A group Leader will be assigned for tours with 6 or more passengers
* All Tips for Guides and Drivers are included for your convenience.
Included with your Flight Package
* Round Trip Airfare from Miami to Havana (If departing from a different location Supplement Fees will apply accordingly)
* Cuban Visa
* Priority Check-in at Miami International Airport
* Baggage Fee for first checked bag is included with most Airlines (Please verify information upon confirming your flight reservation)
* Cuban Airport Departure Tax
* Health Insurance is mandatory and it is included with your ticket
About your flight
Flight Schedules are subject to changes without advance notice in some cases and this is beyond our control and at the discretion of the airlines. For this reason we include a night in Miami prior your departure flight. We suggest that you reserve one night on your return date as well. This will help you avoid the possibility of incurring additional and costly change fees for your domestic flight in the event that there is a delay on one of our flights. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.
We strongly suggest that you wait to receive our flight confirmation before booking your domestic flights unless you do have a night reserved for Miami. If you book a flight without taking possible changes you are doing so as your own risk. WTC is not responsible for costs resulting from changes in airline Schedules. This includes and is not limited to : cancellation penalties incurred for the tickets, domestic and international when not issued by WTC. Under no circumstances will WTC be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising from such an event. Be sure to read our Terms & Conditions section for additional detailed information. Be sure to reconfirm all your flights 72 hours prior departure. Please contact our Toll-Free number if you have any questions.
* Cuba is a physically demanding destination and therefore our tours are demanding as well. The following is to be expected by you the traveler and by accepting and agreeing to our terms and conditions you are expected to accept these demands:
* Expect to handle your own luggage over uneven pavement and streets. It is possible that you may have to on occasion carry it several flights up the stairs to your room.
* You will be on your feet standing and walking (can be up to 2-3 hours) both indoors and outdoors. The weather is unpredictable and we will do our best to work around unexpected conditions.
* Construction noise, Loud music on the streets is common in most of Havana.
* Although your rooms will have air conditioning expect it to not be adequate for cooling your room as well as you are accustomed to back home.
Changes to your tour
* We do our best to accommodate you on the hotel we confirm with you once you reserve your tour. Due to the nature of the destination and limitation both in space and expected quality of the rooms we must reserve the right to substitute hotels when necessary. Rest assured that WTC will always have your comfort and safety in mind when handling changes such as these and we will do whatever we can with your best interest in mind.
* Our People-To-People Tours are open to all ages but not recommended for under 12 and above 100 years of age. These are educational people-to-people exchanges and unless you are able to experience the content of your tour it may not be an enjoyable experience.
The Cuban Government requires that all US Citizens traveling to Cuba to obtain a Cuban Visa (also known as Tourist Card) prior the arrival to Cuba. This Visa will be valid for a single entry to the country and allows the traveler to stay in Cuba for 30 days. WTC will take care of securing your Cuban Visa as part of the Flight Package.
*The Cuban visa is a two-part card and Cuban immigration officials will keep one half upon your arrival in Cuba. All guests will surrender the second half upon departure from the Island. KEEP YOUR CUBAN VISA IN A SAFE PLACE WITH YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR TRIP SO THAT YOU WILL STILL HAVE IT WITH YOU BEFORE DEPARTING THE ISLAND.
*Special Visas for reporters- If you are a reporter or journalist traveling with WTC for journalism purposes, you will have to apply for a SPECIAL PRESS VISA in order to enter the island as a US correspondent. Please contact us for more information on this type of Visa. Allow extra time for processing in some cases.
Cuban Born Participants
If you are a Cuban Born traveler you need to know that the Cuban Government imposes different requirements than for others, and that such a person obtaining a Cuban visa, if needed, can take up to 12 weeks. We suggest that you contact WTC or a Flight Charter Company directly to completely inform yourself prior to booking your trip. WTC is not responsible for any delays or denial in the issuance of a Cuban Visa, If so required.
*ALL CUBAN BORN TRAVELERS THAT LEFT THE ISLAND BEFORE DECEMBER 30, 1970 MUST APPLY FOR A (P-11) VISA AND WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITH AN AMERICAN PASSPORT. THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL REQUIRE THAT YOU PROVIDE 2 PASSPORT PHOTOS, COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND PROOF THAT YOU LEFT THE ISLAND BEFORE DECEMBER 30, 1970- SEPARATE FEES WILL APPLY. CONTACT OUR AGENT FOR ALL DETAILS.
US PASSPORT HOLDERS: In order to obtain your Cuban Visa and to enter Cuba you will require to have a US Passport. If you do not have a valid passport you must obtain one before reserving with WTC. Very Important to know: THE US PASSPORT MUST BE VALID FOR NO LESS THAN 6 MONTHS AFTER YOUR RETURN DATE FROM
OUR TOUR. & MUST CONTAIN 2 EMPTY PAGES.
FOREIGN PASSPORT, GREEN CARD, US VISA OR SPECIAL USE PASSPORT HOLDERS:
Are responsible for understanding the limitations of such and regarding the re-entry limitations if any when returning back to the US. WTC will not be held liable for any traveler who is refused service by the Carrier/ Charter Company or the entry into Cuba by the Cuban government due to a restricted Passport, Green card or US Visa. If a traveler is refused entry into Cuba all applicable penalties will apply. See our penalties section for more details.
As a traveler you are solely responsible for having on you all proper documentation to enter Cuba as well as to re-enter the US, in addition to proper documentation to travel via a third country (when it is applicable) to Cuba.
Why Buy Travel Insurance from Allianz
Allianz Global Assistance is a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services providing travelers we help every year through unanticipated travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage and medical emergencies in foreign countries.
* When you have Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance, help is a phone call away. Every travel insurance plan offered by Allianz Global Assistance includes free access to our 24-hour travel assistance hotline. Our travel experts can help you get medical care in an emergency, locate a pharmacy to replace lost prescriptions, arrange for covered emergency medical transportation and much more.
* Medicare doesn’t cover you overseas. Whether you have Medicare or private health insurance, you probably won’t be covered while traveling abroad. Travel insurance with emergency medical benefits from Allianz is designed to reimburse your covered emergency healthcare expenses, wherever you are, including costly medical evacuations.
* Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance includes many more useful benefits. All Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance plans include free access to our 24-hour travel assistance hotline. Our travel experts can help you replace a lost passport, get medical care in an emergency and solve other travel dilemmas. Not only that, but some of our travel insurance plans also include benefits such as emergency medical care, emergency medical transportation, coverage for lost or stolen baggage, trip delay coverage and much more. See your plan documents for details.
* With Travel Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance you receive protection for:
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption
- Emergency Medical & Dental Care
- Emergency Medical Transportation
- Baggage Loss/Damage
- 24-Hour Concierge Service
To obtain a quote please follow the link below: