Discover Havana in 9 Days
Day 2- Walking Tour of Old Havana / Museum of the City / La Torre Restaurant / Cigar Factory & Store / Cannon Blast Ceremony
Day 3- Las Terrazas Eco-Tourism Resort / Visit the Falls in San Juan River / Cafe Oriente
Day 4- Fine Arts Museum / La Bodegita del Medio / Visit Social Cultural Project Callejon Harmel / Visit Zorra & El Cuervo Jazz Club
Day 5- Hemingway Museum Finca Vijia / Vistamar Paladar / Hotel Ambos Mundos / El Floridita
Day 6- Visit Fusterlandia & Sandra Dooley art galleries / Visit Crafts Market San Jose / Visit Buena Vista Social Club
Day 7- Viñales Valley / Visit Tabacco Plantation / Visit Rum Destillery / Visit Cueva del Indio / Visit Prehistoric Mural
Day 8- Visit Havana Club Run Museum / Visit Museum of Decoratie Arts / Havana 61 Paladar
Day 9- Farewell day / Departure
* Round Trip Airfare from Miami to Havana with priority check-in at the Miami International Airport. (Included)
* Cuban Visa and Airport Departure Tax. (Included)
* Baggage Fees for the first bag that you check-in. (Included)
* Check in at your complimentary Miami Hotel no later than 4PM. Hotel details will be provided upon confirmation of your booking.
* We will be holding our orientation meeting at 7PM over cocktails by the lobby area.
* Dinner will be on your own.
DAY 1 -MODERN HAVANA- Meals (B-L)
* After an early breakfast time permitting our group Leader will meet with you at the hotel Lobby and we will depart promptly to the Miami International Airport for check-in. Expect to wait for 2-3 hours prior departure.
* Our short flight to Havana will only take approximately 45 minutes.
“””WELCOME TO CUBA””!!!!. You have arrived and now the experience of a life-time will begin.
* Depending on your flight Schedule expect to wait 1 hour to get through Customs and claim your luggage.
* The day begins with a Driving tour of the modern City. Have a first look at many of the sites we will revisit on our trip. Including: The Malecon, the Hotel Nacional, the Havana Libre-Hilton Hotel, the University of Havana, The Cemetery of Christopher Columbus, the Revolution square and the American Embassy. This tour will provide you with a preview of many of the sites and sounds that Havana has to offer.
* Depending on your arrival time a welcome ( Lunch or Dinner will be at The Aljibe Restaurant ). This is a popular open air restaurant in Havana.
* Visit Museum of the Revolution
* Check-into Hotel or Casa Particular
* Explore for the rest of the day on your own.
DAY 2- COLONIAL HAVANA- Meals (B-L-D)
* After breakfast the day will start with Walking tour of the Old Havana including the main refurbished squares.
* Stop en route for a snack and a drink and a panoramic view of the city
* People-to-People Interaction: Visit with a local Architect Expert on the Renovation of Old Havana for an informative interview.
* Visit ( The Museum of the City ) with its history on the colonial life.
* Lunch at ( La Torre restaurant )
* Visit a ( Cigar factory & Store).
* Return to the Hotel.
* Night out for ( Cannon Blast Ceremony ) with the explanation on its history.
* Dinner at local Paladar
DAY 3- LAS TERRAZAS- Meals (B-L-D)
* Departure for ( Las Terrazas Eco-tourism Resort )
* Visit the ruins of a coffee plantation
* Lunch at ( Las Terrazas’ Restaurant )
* People-to People Interaction: Visit the Community and learn about the local traditions and crafts.
* Time off to ( Visit The falls and swim in the San Juan River. )
* Return to Havana
* ( Dinner at Cafe del Oriente )
DAY 4- CULTURAL HAVANA- Meals (B-L)
* Later enjoy An hour long drive along ( Tour of the city on American convertible vintage cars ).
* Lunch at world renowned ( La Bodeguita del Medio )
* People-to People Interaction: ( Visit a social cultural project Callejon de Hammel )
* Get in the action and Experience a Salsa lesson by locals.
* Return to the hotel
* Visit the Impressive Basement at ( The Zorra y el Cuervo Jazz Club )
* Dinner on their own
DAY 5- HEMINGWAY’S HAVANA- Meals (B-L)
* Depart for ( Hemingway Museum Finca La Vigia )
* Visit the quaint community of Cojimar from where Papa used to go fishing
* Lunch at the amazing ( Ocean Front Paladar Vistamar )
* In the afternoon you will join a Hemingway themed tour visiting many of the places Papa frequented to include ( El Floridita – La Bodeguita del Medio- Hotel Ambos Mundos).
* Dinner on your own
DAY 6- ART & COLOR of HAVANA- Meals (B-L)
* Lunch at ( Paladar in Jaimanita )
* People-to-People Experience: Afternoon visit to a local Agro market in Jaimanita.
* Visit to the ( Almacenes San Jose ) an enormous Arts and Crafts Market where you will find anything from paintings, pottery, wood carvings and souvenirs.
* Return to the hotel.
* Visit ( Buena Vista Social Club ).
* Dinner on your own
DAY 7- VALLE VINALES- Meals (B-L)
* On the way, Stop and ( Tour a real working Tobacco Plantation )
* (City tour in Pinar del Río ) visit the famous ( Rum Distillery Guayabita del Pinar ),
* ( Visit La Cueva del Indio (Indian Cave) Enjoy a boat ride along the cave,
* ( Lunch in Palenque de los Cimarrones restaurant ).
* ( Enjoy the magnificent views from Los Jazmines lookout point, and the Prehistoric Mural ),
* Return to Havana.
* Dinner on your own
DAY 8- MUSEUMS- Meals (B-L)
* Visit (The Havana Club Rum Museum)
* Visit ( The Museum of Decorative Arts )
* People to People Interaction: We will visit a local Artist for a presentation (Pending confirmation)
* ( Lunch at Paladar Havana 61 )
* After lunch you are on your own to explore on your last night before return trip home
DAY 9- FAREWELL DAY- Meals (B)
* Breakfast at the hotel and check out.
* Transfer to the airport.